What Is A House Period In Feng Shui?
Flying Star has a time component where a 180 – years’ timeline is divided in to blocks of 20 years, this known as period. For instance, a house that is constructed between Feb 1984 to Jan 2004 are known as Period -7 houses, while Feb 2004 to Jan 2024 is known as Period 8.
How To Determine The Period Of A house?
In order to define the Period of your house, you need to know the year in which your house of building completed construction and was first occupied. For example, a house that’s completed and occupied during Period 7 (year 2003) known as Period -7 house. For landed properties you can also use the move-in date when you were not the first who rent/bought the house.
How To Determine The Facing Direction?
Next, we have to determine the facing direction of the house. The facing direction of the house is defined by the intended facing direction of the building. As modern architecture evolves, it’s possible for a building the have multiple intended facing directions. This makes things more complicated.
Here are a few generic rules we apply to determine the facing direction of a house.
- For landed properties, the main entrance/driveway is considered as the facing direction of the house
- For condominiums with balcony, the facing direction of the house is the balcony
- For condominiums without a balcony, the facing direction is the main window in the living room
- For HDB apartments with main doors facing each other and a staircase in the middle, the facing direction of the house is the main window.
- For HDB apartment that have a long corridor, the facing direction of the house is the main door
- For GDB apartments with balcony the facing direction of the house is the balcony.
What do we need from you?
- Dates, times (if known) and country of birth of those to be included in the report
- Gender of those to be included in the report
- Names of those to be included in the report.
- Facing direction of the house